Jump to Section:
The Custom Files page allows you to create custom spreadsheet layouts, which are then generated in the Create List and Files page using any voter universe. This simple yet powerful tool provides you with access to data point combinations that are not available in our standard layout options provided in the Create List and Files page.
- To access the Create Custom Files page, click on the Admin section of the Navigation Menu, click Custom Lists, File Layouts, and Data Options, and then click Custom Data File Layouts.
You will be taken to a page displaying all of your existing custom file layouts. To create a new custom file layout, click the blue Create File Layout button.
Creating a Custom File Layout
- Click the Create File Layout button.
- Use the drop-down menu to select either a Voter Layout or a People Layout.
- Use the Custom File Name textbox to name the Custom File Layout.
- Use the File Grouping drop-down menu to select if you would like to place each voter on their own individual line, or if you would like the records grouped by household.
- Note: This menu only appears if you are creating a Voter Layout.
- (Optional) Use the Show Flags associated with a Survey Question (Optional) drop-down menu to select the question's flags you would like to display in the list. Once you have selected a flag, click the black Plus button to add it.
- Activate the check boxes of all of the fields you would like to feature in your Custom File Layout. If you want to include all of the fields, activate the Select All checkbox.
- Click the blue Save button at the bottom of the page to save your Custom File Layout.
Once the layout has been created, you will need to generate the file in the Create List and Files page. Review the Process Lists & Files page for instructions on generating a file using a Custom File Layout.