Jump to Section
The ThruText texting integration allows users to text voters from within the PDI program, as long as the user has obtained an account through ThruText. This functionality does not replace the Texting File functionality seen in the Create List and Files page, but instead offers an alternative solution to simplify the process. This functionality is still in Beta, so if you experience any problems please report them immediately.
Associating your Exisiting ThruText Account with your PDI Account or Opening a new ThruText Account
- The ThruText Configuration page is accessed by hovering your mouse over the Outreach section of the Navigation Menu, moving your mouse down to the ThruText Texting section and click the ThruText Configuration button in the sub-menu.
You may use this page to configure an existing ThruText account or to request a new ThruText account. Once you have obtained your account, you can associate your ThruText to your PDI account by following the instructions below.
- Use the Organization Name textbox to enter in the name of your organization.
- Use the Subdomain textbox to enter your ThruText account subdomain, or the subdomain you would like to use in your new ThruText account..
- Use the Administrator Users textbox to select which users are going to be your ThruText admins.
- Click the Plus button to add the individual as an admin.
- After clicking the Save button, your information will be sent to both ThruText and PDI, and you will receive an email confirmation. Please be advised, the configuration may take a few hours to complete. ThruText configurations are processed during normal business hours, configurations processed after 5 PM PST may take longer to process.
Creating a ThruText Project
- The Send Universe to ThruText page is accessed by hovering your mouse over the Outreach section of the Navigation Menu, moving your mouse down to the ThruText Texting section and click the Send Universe to ThruText button in the sub-menu.
Selecting the ThruText Configuration page will bring you to a preconfigured Create List and Files page. The provided page already has most of the necessary fields completed leaving the user only needing to set the name of the file and select the universe that will be sent over to ThruText. Follow the instructions below to send your file to ThruText.
- Use the Name Your List textbox to name your export.
- Use the Choose the People To Be In Your List or File drop-down menu to select your universe.
- Click the Process My List button.
Once your file has been sent, you can head over to the ThruText Texting page to begin your canvassing.
Texting in PDI
- The ThruText Texting page is accessed by hovering your mouse over the Outreach section of the Navigation Menu, moving your mouse down to the ThruText Texting section and click the ThruText Texting button in the sub-menu.
Users can use the ThruText texting system within the PDI program. The ThruText Texting page gives users complete access to ThruText's texting functionality. Click here for information on using ThruText.
Approving your Results
- The Import from ThruText page is accessed by hovering your mouse over the Outreach section of the Navigation Menu, moving your mouse down to the ThruText Texting section and click the Import from ThruText button in the sub-menu.
The Import from ThruText page allows user to approve the date they have received from ThruText back into their account. The ThruText results are uploaded on a daily basis, with each file being limited to that days results. Users will need to approve data for each day of canvassing. It is recommended that users save the import layout if they plan on importing data constantly. Importing from ThruText is a 3 step process
- Use the Start Date and End Date textboxes to set the date range of files you want to view.
- Use the Select File drop-down menu to select which date you want to import from.
- Click the Continue button.
- Use the Select Column In The Import File to Match to select which column contains your PDI ID.
- Use the Select Matching Field drop-down menu to select PDI ID.
- Use the Select Source Type drop-down menu to select the acquisition type to associate with the flags you are importing.
- Use the Enter Date textbox to set the date of the ID Flags you are importing.
- Use the Select Question Column In The Import File drop-down menu to select the column that contains your questions
- Use the Select Response Column In The Import File drop-down menu to select the column that contains your responses.
- If you would like to save this layout to be reused again at a later time, use the empty textbox to the right of the Map Question textbox to name your layout.
- Click the Save Layout As textbox.
- Click the Map Questions button.
- Use the Select Question drop-down menu to associate the field in the to the textbox to a survey question.
- For each question you want to skip, activate the Skip check box.
- Once you have matched all of your questions to their corresponding fields, click the Map Responses button.
- Use the Select Response drop-down menu to select the response to match with the value in the textbox to the left of the drop-down menu.
- For each response you want to skip, activate the Skip check box.
- Once you have selected all of your responses, click the Import button.