Jump to Section:
While collecting, managing, and tracking contributions in PDI, there may be occasions when you receive a contribution outside of PDI but want to record the contribution in the PDI system. PDI allows users to record any sort of contribution in the Donor Info tab of the Person Details page. Adding a transaction to a voter or contact will automatically flag them as an active donor.
The Add Transaction pop-up menu contains the following fields:
- Transaction Type – There are different types of possible donations and this field identifies the type of donation made or pledged.
- Number – This field allows users to record the id number of the contribution.
- Date – This field allows users to record the date the donation or pledge was received.
- Method – This field identifies the payment method used for making the donation.
- Amount – This field records the amount of the donation or pledge.
- Account – This drop-down menu allows users to choose if the donation is deposited or not.
- Election – This field allows users to choose the election when the contribution was received.
- Reporting Code – The drop box allows users to choose the appropriate reporting code.
- Budget Category – This Dropbox lets users choose which category for how the contribution will be used.
- Compliance Note – This field lets you record any miscellaneous information related to campaign finance compliance.
- Internal Note – This field lets you record any miscellaneous information related to a pledge or donation.
- Check Note – This field lets you record any miscellaneous information related to the check.
Once you click on the Save button the pledge or donation will be recorded and displayed in the Donor Info tab of the Person Details page.
Adding a Transaction
- Access the People Lookup page.
- Use the search functions to find the individual that will be attributed a contribution.
- Click the name of the individual to access their Person Details page.
- Click the Donor Info tab
- Click the Add Transaction button.
- Complete the appropriate fields.
- Click the Save button to add the transaction.