As of August 31, 2022: We've made the Side Nav Menu even easier to navigate. Visit PDI New Menu Design Improvements to learn more.
PDI has a new navigation framework! Read on to learn more about how PDI's tools are organized, or visit Navigation Updates to the PDI Portal to see a mapping of previous pages to their new locations. Note that the functionality of these pages will remain the same.
- The User Nav Menu
- The Side Nav Menu
- Using Quick Links
PDI's navigation system is present at the top and left-hand side of every page in the program, and allows users to access any part of the portal that has been permissioned to them. If you believe any sections are missing, contact your internal PDI Admin.
PDI's Navigation Menu has two main components, the Side Nav and the Top Nav. The Side Nav has 10 menu options (detailed below), and the Top Nav features a user dropdown and a search bar that allows you to search for a specific page within the program.
The User Nav Menu
The user nav menu features options that directly affect your own organization account. To access the user nav menu, click on your account name in the upper right-hand corner of the Top Nav. This will display a list of your options.
- Manage User Profile - Allows you to change your organization account, email, and password.
- Manage Account Geography - Allows you to set and remove geographic filters on your organization account.
- Switch to Child Account - Allows you to switch to a child organization account.
- Sign Out - Logs you out of your user account.
The Side Nav Menu
You can interact with the Side Nav menu by hover over any of the icons to display the full menu item name, and clicking on the icon to open that menu or page.
Most of PDI's functionality is organized into the following 10 menus:
The Dashboard is your home page and one-stop-shop for getting quick insight into your PDI account. This page can be completely customized to suit your needs.
This menu item gives you easy access to the Individual Person Lookup tool, which allows you to search for individual voters and contacts you've imported into your database.
Universes & Lists
- Create Universes - The Create Universes page allows you to create both voter and people universes.
- Data Visualization - Visualize information about your voter universes in graphs, maps, and charts.
- Count Reports - Count the number of voters that match a custom set of criteria.
- Process Lists & Files - Generate outputs from your universes and printed surveys.
- Import Precinct Universe - Convert a list of precincts contained in a spreadsheet into a Voter Universe.
- Manage Universes & Lists - Manage your universes and static lists.
- Create Universe Page Config - Configure the fields and value to display on your Create Universes page.
- Custom District Management
- Voter Registration
- Voter Registration Entry - Allows you to register an individual as a future voter into the program, and pre-flag an individual before they become a registered voter.
- Registration Flags Config - Configure the flags you need to register new voters.
- Phone Banking - Create and share your online phone bank.
- Click to Dial Team Calling
- Field Canvassing
- Create & Edit/Print Turf - Allows you to cut custom turf in our mapping system.
- Assign Turf/Create Mobile Projects - Allows you to assign precincts and custom turf to your canvassers or print our those precincts and custom turfs as paper walk list.
- Approve Mobile Data - Approve the data from your mobile canvassing into the program.
- List Data Entry - Input the data you have collected from your paper list.
- Manage Projects - Manage your mobile projects.
- Manage Assignments
- Manage Turfs - Manage your custom turfs.
- Volunteer Management
- Volunteer Management Page - Central tool for managing all of your volunteers.
- Spreadsheet Data Entry - Input and edit the data of your People Database in a spreadsheet format.
- Volunteer Settings - Configure levels, teams, availability, and more to better manage your volunteer assignments.
- Calendar Events Page - Create new events and see all of your scheduled events in a handy calendar view.
- Event Calendars - Configure multiple calendars to help you manage different types of events.
- Event Locations - Add and edit event location information.
- Invitation Methods - Configure event invitation methods.
- Event Activities
- Field Activity Reports - Create count reports of your canvassing activity.
- Turf and Precinct Reports
- Custom Advanced Reports
- OutreachCircle - Easy access to OutreachCircle, our supporter organizing platform.
- Web Forms
- Create and Edit Web Forms - Create and edit web forms that can be embedded on your website to collect information from interested visitors, donors, or volunteers.
- Manage Transactions - Approve and match the data coming in from your web forms.
- Payments Report - Produce a report of the transactions that have occurred in your web forms.
- Payment Setup - Setup your Stripe account so you can accept donations and ticket purchases in your web forms.
- Create and Edit Emails - Create and edit email messages.
- Manage Email Delivery - Schedule your emails out for delivery.
- Create Seed Lists - Create seed list from your people database.
- Import New Email List - Import a new list of contacts to email.
- Manage Auto Sends - Schedule emails to automatically send.
- Email Settings - Create email profiles and categories.
- Deliveries Report - Monitor the status of your email deliveries.
- OutreachCircle - Easy access to OutreachCircle, our supporter organizing platform, which features a peer-to-peer texting tool.
- Manage SMS Messages
- Partner Digital Tools
- ThruText Texting - Integrate your ThruText account with PDI.
Import & Export
- Import ID Flags - Import flags into your Voter and People database from a spreadsheet file.
- Import New People - Import a list of people from a spreadsheet into your people database.
- Import Phones & Emails - Import additional phone numbers and email addresses to voter records.
- Export All Flags - Export all of the ID Flags from your organization account into an Excel spreadsheet.
- Export Polling Places - Export a list of polling places that overlap with your accounts geography.
- Data Source Management
The File Pickup page is where you can download any lists or files that you've ordered through PDI.
Clicking on the Help Center icon will bring you...here! On our Zendesk Help Center you can find documentation about every aspect of the PDI platform.
- Flags & Surveys - Configure how flags and surveys are used for collecting and organizing data throughout the platform.
- Add/Edit User Accounts - Create and manage the users that have access to your organization account.
- Data Sharing - Share your ID Flags with other organization accounts and approve data from other organization accounts into your account.
- Manage Sub-Accounts
- Manage Sub-Accounts - Create and manage sub-accounts.
- Manage Catalogs
- Manage Permissions
- Integrations - Configure other platforms that integrate with PDI.
- API Add/Edit
- List Authorization - Authorize list generate from your child accounts that require approval.
- Donor Settings
- Manage Output Files - Manage and review your data outputs.
- Manage Precincts
- Lists & File
- Create Custom Lists - Create custom layouts for both walk list and phone list.
- Create Custom Files - Create custom layouts for spreadsheet exports.
- Advanced Custom Lists
- Billing Center
- Manage Invoices - Review all of your software and data purchases in one place.
- Payment Information - Create and manage your billing folders and edit your billing and payment information.
- General Settings - Manage basic settings for your account.
- File Pickup Management - Configure settings for your File Pickup tool.
Using Quick Links
The Quick Links section can display up to 6 links at a time on your homepage. The links are displayed as icons, and pages are accessed just by clicking on the icon. Since the amount of Quick Links are limited to 6 at a time, you cannot access the entire program at one time using this method, and instead this section should just be used to quickly access your most used pages. Click here for information on customizing your Quick Links.
- I am missing some options in the drop down menus. - These options are administered by your internal account administrator. Please contact your administrator for access to additional program features