Contact and Survey allows your supporters to contact and survey people via text, call, email, or door knock. This flexible action has a number of powerful use cases, from voter registration to chasing leads, and more.
To Contact and Survey a List:
1. Choose and upload your contact and assignment list. This will be the list of people to whom your supporters are reaching out.
To create new assignments, upload a CSV file where each row includes a contact's information, and the OutreachCircle ID of the supporter assigned to them. OutreachCircle Supporter IDs can be found by going to Reports > Download Supporter Report, Response Report by Person, or Achievement Report by Supporter. Supporter IDs can be found in the Supporter OutreachCircle ID column.
To reuse a list of contacts and supporter assignments from a previous Action, download the Response Report by Person for that Action, and upload the file to your Contact & Survey a List Action to assign supporters to contacts. Read our Reports FAQ for more information on how to use reports.
Make sure you map Supporter ID as a custom field when uploading your list.
2. Create a new Contact and Survey a List Action. Set the title, description, and image you want to for this action.
3. Select, “Turf by Supporter ID” when you’re prompted to choose a turfing type. Select the list you would like to use, and indicate which column has the Supporter ID in it. This will assign your list to the right supporters.
Note: turfing by location is only available for Enterprise clients, and requires our support team to activate. If you are interested in using turfing by location, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Build your survey. When your supporters are canvassing contacts, they will fill out this survey according to the contact’s responses. You can either build the survey in our setup wizard, or skip it for now, and set it up later from the Action Landing Page.
In your survey, you can create any number of multiple choice, contact information validation, and text response (open-ended) questions.
5. Choose your contact methods. Choose which methods of contact you want your supporters to use. You can enable contact via email, via text, via phone call, and/or in person. If you select in-person contact, your supporters will be taken to Google Maps or Apple maps, and get directions to the contact’s address within that application. For each contact mode, you will need to create a script for your supporters.
6. Activate your action. You’re ready to go! Choose a time for your action to automatically go live, or leave that section blank and click “Activate Action” to make it live right now.